Friday, November 03, 2006

Some Kiss We Want

Sometimes we are lucky enough to discover a poem at a time it speaks for us. This is one of those times. . .I found a poem written by Rumi -- it inspired me and partially spoke my feelings, but not precisely. I borrowed some of his words, added some, and deleted some. This is the result.

Some Kiss We Want

There is some kiss we want
with our whole lives

The touch of spirit on the body

The pearl begs seawater
to break its shell

And the orchid, how passionately
it needs light and air

At night I open the window

And ask the moon to press
her face against mine

Breathe into me

I breathe in spirit
breathe out love

in an endless shimmering, magical circle

Close the language door

And open the love window

The moon won't use the door

Spirit won't either

Only the window.



yes.

No comments: