Saturday, October 07, 2006

Love Waits (a song)

Love has come to the edge of your bed
and waits patiently
for your fear to grow tired.
that's the thing about love,
that's the thing about love,
Love waits.

So, so many fears
whispered in the night.
So, so many tears
enough that we lost sight.
Two too many wounded hearts
and not enough healing.
Too, too many stops and starts
and not enough Being.

Now love has come to the edge of my bed
and sits there waiting
for my fear to grow tired
That's the thing about love,
That's the thing about love,
Love waits.

Now don't think I'm only talkin' about you
fear grows tired in my heart too
and when she finally falls fast asleep
tears of joy are the only ones I'll weep

Because love has come to edge of our sweet bed
and waits there patiently
for our fears to grow tired
That's the thing about love
That's the thing about love
Love waits.

Yeah, that's the thing about love,
She waits.

No comments: